Pantone’s new Color of the Year is Living Coral. It's a hue in between orange and peach! According to the Pantone Institute, it's the color of a vibrant sunset or sunrise. If you're over here on the East coast of Florida like us, I'm sure you've seen such a color.
While this color isn't everybody's cup of tea, we decided to come up with a few ways to use it in your home. You can go bold or subtle with this color--it's really up to your preference! Take a look at what we came up with and leave us a comment if you have any other ideas!
1. Consider incorporating a pop of color. Instead of having it dominate, bring in Living Coral as an accent color. You can use fresh or silk flowers, ceramic planters, candles, or placemats. The options are endless!
2. Paint your front door! A bright cheerful door is a great way to make any guest smile when they arrive at your house. Plus, it would make a fun tradition to paint the door a new color every year. We think Living Color is such a fun and vibrant color for summer--or really any time of year.
3. Target dark rooms that tend to not get much natural light. With its warm undertones, Living Coal can help brighten a space. Laundry rooms usually don't have windows to adding a bright, cheery color can make it a little more welcoming. Plus, it might take your mind off all the laundry you need to do! (;
4. Use accents and accessories like toss pillows, throws and rugs as an affordable way to introduce the color.
5. Experiment with an accent color wall. A children's room would be an excellent room to test it out in. We love what this homeowner did with her girls room as seen in the image below.
You can also try wallpapering your walls. Nowadays there are so many options for removable and do-it-yourself wallpapers. Imagine a neutral color palette paired with a bold Living Coral accent wall.
6. Purchase a statement piece in Living Coral. Whether it’s an accent chair, area rug or bold accent accessory, a statement piece can help ensure the color takes center stage. We love this rug from Rifle Paper Co!
What do you think of the color of the year? We think Living Coral could be a fun addition to any home--you just have to keep an open mind!
Let us know if you've incorporated Living Coral into your home--we'd love to hear your ideas. Let us know in the comments below!